Shy – to nervous or timid.
So loving life lately! Love my business and where it is going – and with the excitement leads me to wanting and craving more. I am interested, I am obsessed – I want to learn and get better. And I am not blowing glass right now so what else do you do??! Its too cold to paddle board for this girl so yea… YouTube is my friend. Marketing videos keep me up at night, manifesting like a wild woman. Like I said life is great. And also Chai Tea lattes aren’t too bad either.
So in my discovery and how to get a bigger online platform apparently I have to take FaceBook Live… uh what? You want me to video tape my awkward artist self and say what exactly? Great. So there goes our online business because well – yea. 90% of the time I do not wear make up nor do I use hairspray. I enjoy my ugly over sized sweater and leggings. No. Just no.
OR should I? It is all part of my “New year New Me” mantra – maybe you do want to hear what I have to say. I say “I” because I haven’t ran this whopper by Victoria yet… and I can already hear her laughing at me. But maybe just maybe these professionals are on to something here. So tell me what you think? Would you want to join me in the hotshop one afternoon to see how its made? Or maybe you’re a stained glass beginner and there is a Tip we can share with you about scoring glass…
Its a thought!? Ill think about it… You think about it… and maybe we can convince to Vicki to do it!
An adjective to describe a fear of being attacked or harmed either emotionally or physically – Vulnerable. As an artist I feel vulnerable all of the time, what I make is personal, how I made it I hold personal. I am not the best glass blower out there, I don’t know who the best is – it’s a tough measurement to grasp but I know that I am by far not the best but I am also not the worst. They say it takes 10,000 hours of practice to be an expert. You would think after TLG began back in 2005 that I would get use to showing my work out there and feel the confidence of a professional – but can I just be honest here? I do the “happy dance” in my head and sometimes when you’re not looking when someone buys my cup, or a tidal ball. I feel absolute gratitude, validated, and accomplished when someone falls in love with the Jelly Fish. I truly do.
I wanted to share with you all that this past year, or years have been amazing! I love how everyone has been so encouraging- I read your messages, your comments, your reviews and I cherish you all.
And I know it goes the same for Vicki, she is always surprised almost when someone chooses her drift line, shocked that they see what she sees. And I always laugh because I think of course they love it! Its unique and original. Vicki gets the biggest grin on her face when she hears the etsy order ding on her iPad – like seriously big toothy grin. And it doesn’t matter if it was $5 or $25 or the fact that she has been doing etsy sales for years…. it never gets old.
Vicki and I have been talking a lot about TLG and where we want to venture next with it and in that we talked about the branding. The look. We have always been Yellow & Purple – do you know why? Because it’s our birthstone colors and happen to be opposite colors on the wheel… and we are two very different gals so the colors felt fitting. But we are also two very powerful gals so with the help of a friend and local artist here in CAMPBELL RIVER; Terri Wells we have a new logo we will be working with!
We are absolutely in love with this logo that Vicki is getting it tattooed on her neck, lol I kid but if she was the type I think thats where she would get it. Stay tuned!
We are here, 10 – 4pm open and ready to meet, greet, chat and so on with you. If you are looking for handmade, & local then come see us. We have some beautiful pieces on display from jewellery, to glass for the tree and gift ideas that are all made on site!
Today we will be working on our jewellery collection – I will give you a hint its with leather! Ha! And you were thinking it was glass… silly!
Did you know that it is her birthday today? 60. She has had 60 birthdays now – today is a milestone. What a life she has created for herself thus far –
60 things you may or may not know about Vicki:
- She likes coffee. 2 cream, added first (actually just let her do it) then the coffee.
- She is extremely intelligent yet humble, she works with her intuition and common sense whether it comes to business, learning a new skill, or working with people. She learns quick.
- She recently spent some time with her Grand babies and her eyes sparkle when she shares about them.
- She is fearless. Always full of hope and faith.
- She can knit like no ones business, one year she made everyone a sweater for Christmas.
- Sometimes she hides $50. bills under your pillow then acts like she doesn’t know what you’re talking about.
- She got married at 20 yrs old. To Glen. She loves him still to this day.
- Vicki knows what she wants, she does it, gets it, accomplishes it and there is no other way around it.
- Vicki encourages, she is that lady you read about in the memes that “lifts each other up and celebrates your success” kinda gal.
- She is psychic. No seriously, she has a gift.
- Vicki loves and rarely judges.
- She is my biggest fan and I am pretty confident I am the favourite.
- She was close to her Mom and loved to tease her. She would always say her name in shock and in such a way “Vicki!”
- She will help, she will offer, she will always say yes unless you’re moving houses – she hates moving so she will volunteer my dad, myself and or my brothers to help!
- She has three Children and Dakota is most likely her favourite.
- Lately her pride and joy is her dogs Lily & Gary.
- She will always root for the underdog.
- She is blind without her glasses. One morning she was yelling at a black bear to get inside thinking it was our dog Jake.
- She will always be honest, and say what you’re thinking. She’s a straight shooter, right from the hip and to the point.
- The first man she loved was her Dad. She loves to talk about him. (I think she’s a lot like him)
- She lived in Dominica as a child.
- She can cook amazing meals but doesn’t use recipes or measuring cups.
- She likes olives.
- She had open heart surgery when I was 7 and nearly died.
- She can cross stitch, beautiful cross stitching, she made us all stockings one year for Christmas.
- She was removed from a hockey game for getting mouthy with the Ref.
- Loves essential oils, meditating and living a holistic lifestyle (I know what you’re thinking – but #26 she was booted from a hockey game… that was years before).
- Hates Cantaloupe, like so much you can’t put it on the same plate as the watermelon.
- Hates shopping.
- She did all her schooling by distance while working full time.
- She fostered over 70 children – only four girls. And cried over and loved every one of them.
- Laugh – she will make you laugh.
- She can quilt. Every foster baby that came into her home she made them a quilt of their own. She made everyone that meant something to her a beautiful quilt, even my brother Randy (it was his hockey game).
- She cannot blow glass. She hates the heat but always has great ideas.
- Vicki is loyal.
- My dad won’t let her paint because she doesn’t paint going up and down, and she’s ok with drips and the paint being uneven.
- Vicki used to be a sign language interpreter. When she was learning to sign, she would only sign and people thought she was deaf or I was.
- She can dance. Girls got moves!
- The only time she wore a skirt, she slipped on the ice and slid under the bronco at the ice rink.
- She punched my brother in the face when he hid at the bottom of the stairs in the dark to scare her (Randy again – jury is still out if she actually was scared or just saw an opportunity).
- She cannot sing but that won’t stop her.
- She can drive a truck like no ones business but docking a boat makes my Dad cringe.
- She gets a prissy prudy look on her face when there is swearing in a movie.
- But she said the “F” word once when I was 20 yrs old…
- Vicki doesn’t wear jewellery – of any sort unless its a special occasion.
- Vicki is a morning person. Like annoying morning person.
- The chimney caught fire once and she had to call the fire department… she made Randy and I clean up the living room before we could go to the muster station like we practised…
- Vicki is terrible when it comes to electronics Dakota can confirm this.
- She isn’t impressed with fame or fortune and she was clear about that with Cuba Gooding Jr.
- My mom rejected my friendship when I was 15. She told me she had enough friends…
- She is petrified of the dark.
- She stole a dog once and renamed him Fred he lived until he was 17.
- She snores but thinks it’s my Dad that has the problem.
- Vicki doesn’t drink but will pretend to drink the wine. How you wonder? She switches glasses with my Dad like no one notices…
- She prefers soda water to pop or juice.
- Vicki doesn’t add contacts to her phone – so you never know who the text msg is from
- She hates leftovers – so she gives them to me and I freeze them and always have a homemade meal.
- She shops the perimeter of Costco, never the middle where the good stuff is.
- She drives under the speed limit on the inland hwy even in the 90 zone.
- Her family is her pride & joy.
Do you know how much effort and work it takes to photograph, upload & add descriptions to the things we make?! Yea, me neither – but Vicki does! She has been working on our Etsy Shop and it looks amazing!
What did I do? Well besides literally sweating over the product – I uploaded a link to this very website for everyones ease! You’re welcome!
Seriously though, we have our Etsy Shop linked to our website to make it easier for everyone to purchase our original pieces of art from Silver Jewellery to Stained Glass to Blown glass… if we make it our goal is to get it listed! Except Jelly Fish – I kid.
We have had 100% success with our shipping (Thank you again to Ms Vicki for saving all those random boxes and packing materials). And only positive reviews thus far with the products received too – so we are feeling pretty good about this time consuming adventure. We accept PayPal & ETransfer for online purchases, and are committed to shipping the product out as soon as possible. (Again – thank you Vicki)